If you decide to visit Andalucia, you definitely need to go and check the stunning city of Granada. Every time I come back in there, I realize how beautiful is this part of the world.
Some years ago I was exploring the whole region in a super cool road tour from Alicante to the southern Spain, spending most of the time in the region of Andalucia. I really think driving is a great way to travel and explore this amazing region.
Today we are going to stop in the colorful amazing city of Granada. Wondering what to see and eat when in the city? Vamos 🙂
The sunny and amazing Granada
*1 What to see
- The Alhambra, a must to see in Granada. It takes many hours to enjoy it properly, but it is really worth. I do recommend you to buy the ticket online in advance 😉
- Mirador San Nicolás, which is the most popular look-out. What to say? Just hike up there, where a truly wonderful landscape (especially of the Alhambra) is waiting for you; ps head over to this Mirador for the sunset, you will not regret it 😉
- The Cathedral and the Royal Chapel, to have a beautiful historical tour;
- The Albayzin Quarter, to enjoy its charming atmosphere. Walking through the narrow street of the Albicin neighbourhood is like stepping back in time; simply stunning!
- Walk through the Carrera del Darro, to get lost into the heart of Granada, while admiring this lovely scenery 😉
*2 What to eat
- Remojón Granaíno, a super refreshing salad with oranges, olives, boiled egg and codfish (it is perfect anytime, especially in summertime);
- Pestiño, a sugary little snack made of sesame-flavored dough deep fried in olive oil, topped with sugar and honey. Delicious? Yes, it is 🙂
- Habas Con Jamon, Spanish broad beans with ham, another super typical and yummy dish of Granada;
- Gazpacho, a cold soup made of raw, blended vegetables;
- Patatas a lo Pobre, potatoes cut into slice and slowly fried with onions and green peppers; an amazing mix of ingredients for your super energetic meal 😉
- Pionono, a yummy rolled-up sponge cake, dressed with sweet syrup and topped with toasted cream.
Granada is waiting for youuu 😉